
Now that we are back to our routine after our Disney trip, I'm trying to get caught up on the Scrap Away Your Winter Blues Challenges at
Scraptivity. I'm still working on Week 4, while the others are already working on Week 6. For Week 4, the challenge was to create a vintage looking layout using distressing. I used tearing, sanding, inking and crackle paint to create this layout.

The layout's photo, which is of my father and two of my uncles, would have been taken around 1925. My Dad, the eldest boy, is in the centre. They grew up on a farm, and it wasn't an easy life. Sadly, Tom died in his early 20s in a farming accident, and my Dad passed away about 20 years ago.
Nick is the oldest remaining living sibling, and he will be 91 years old this year. I love this photo since it gives a glimpse of the boys when they were young and spent a lot of time together, something they were unable to do as adults.
I received this photo, along with many of the other photos of my Dad's childhood, from my cousin Phyllis in Texas. I'm very grateful to have the opportunity to scrapbook them.
1 comment:
Great layout Holly and you certainly achieved the vintage look... I love it! Love the photo and the story that goes with it, certainly something to cherish!
Have a great week!
Post a Comment