Thursday, January 14, 2010

Scrapping Nook's Opening Day

I had a ton of fun at the opening of the new Scrapping Nook last Saturday. Scrapping Nook Ltd., now located in Welland, is now Janice's baby, and how truly fitting. Once Patti and Elia decided to sell the store they created with so much heart, it's only fitting that it go to someone who has been a huge part of the Nook right from the start.

Congratulations, Janice!

Jen and I drove down together and it was so worth the trip. To be honest, it was a bit of an emotional day. The Scrapping Nook in Fonthill was just one of those places that lives in your heart forever. I went to my first crop ever at that location, and when I arrived I didn't know anyone in person at all. We had only met online, I was a beginning scrapbooker, and I was totally nervous!

That was in 2005, and these ladies were so wonderful and welcoming, and have been a part of my scrapbooking life ever since. I can't say enough about how much Patti and Elia have connected a wonderful group of women through their hard work, beautiful personalities and generosity of spirit. The fall of 2009 was a difficult time for the store, first with an electrical fire, followed by the sudden, sad loss of Patti's Mom, Barb, taking its toll. So many of us were worried that we had seen the end of our beloved Nook.

But now, Janice has picked up the torch and is running with it. I'm so glad to see Scrapping Nook Ltd. continue into the future, and look forward to many more fun events and meaningful connections there.

In the photo above, clockwise, are Patti, Lori, Vicki, Janice, me, Deanna and Elia. Jen was behind the camera, and there were so many others, both present and there in spirit, that made the day great! See you again soon, gals!

See some of my posts about the Nook over the years here.

3 comments:

Lee said...

What a wonderful post, Holly. It is so clear what the place means to you and I'm thrilled it continues!

Hope all is well with you and your crew! Happy New Year! I haven't seen you in forever, you're welcome to come by for a pit stop between the new house and Fonthill :)

Pearl said...

Oh I was so happy to read your post Holly and see that the Nook is continuing. I have been out of touch with the Nookies and miss it but life is just like that sometimes...Janice will do an amazing job and I'm sure Patti and Elia will be forever present with the new store and online!!

Tara said...

oops I think that post posted as someone else! Sorry

Blog Widget by LinkWithin